We are already past two weeks into the new year, and I wanted to start it with optimizing my new brushes, clean the thumbnails and remove the double. I collected this way this pack of 38 brushes. I'm sharing them today.
You might find that some of these brushes are similar to official default brush of Krita: their aspect, their usability and their thumbnail design. That's because I designed the default brush of Krita and even if my taste evolves a bit, my classic and way to solve problems remains the same.
The goal of this list was for me to reduce the selection of the brush to a more compact set. I selected the one I daily use to fit into two columns on my quadHD monitor. I also wanted to them to be organised by group of colors to pick them faster and take better decisions while painting. I have now a group dedicated to "details", a group specialized into "glazing", "texturing", etc...
This pack is tied to my "visual vocabulary". I'm curious if there are "words" in it that will become part of your. I'm sharing them this time under CC-0/Public Domain license. It means you can do what you want with them: commercial, tutorial, teach, etc... do exactly as if they were part of the default brush. They were named to also blend within the default.
You might also find a different pressure curve in all these presets: and that's probably to adapt to both the Intuos Pro Large and the XP-Pen Artist Pro 24 I'm using. They both have very different pressure curve in comparison to the devices I owned so far.
Coming soon 🙂, I'll update this page once I publish a video. You can:
- subscribe to my Youtube channel here
- follow Shichimi on Peertube with any Fediverse client (eg. Mastodon).
I can keep this resources free, open and without any paywall thanks to the 1% who support my work and who offer this possibility to the other 99%. If you want to be one of them, thank you! You'll find the links to support my work here, I have account on Patreon, Tipeee, Liberapay and more options are listed). Thank you 💜
Here is a direct link: deevad-bundle_23-01.zip
Checksum (Sha256): 93f50eaf1013e02c6cfac6b6913e4455ccc5fb18b2f757b76409fa6b634f046c
- Download the zip.
- Extract the file from the zip, it should be named "deevad-bundle_23-01.bundle".
- Open a fresh new Krita (5.1.5 or newer) and don't open or create any document .
- Open directly: Setting > Manage Resources
- Press the Import Resources button, and with dialog (file explorer) find the file you extracted earlier on your disk.
- Done; you'll find the brush in the tag deevad 23.01 .
Note : Probably a bug. Do not create a new document before importing, or the tag will fail and only three brushes will be tagged.
Note : The brush bundle comes also with all brushes named with the keyword "deevad" and "23" in them, so if the import of the tag fails, you can use that to filter them by name and re-tag them. I tested the bundle on Krita 5.1.5 on Fedora Linux KDE 37. I hope they'll install easily on your side.
Note : How to use a two column layout? I detail this in the introduction of this video (link with timecode).
- These brushes are licensed under CC-0 Public domain. You are free to do commercial work with them, to reshare them, to fork them, to reuse them, to include them in your software.
- The pictures and artworks for the demonstration in this article, under CC-By to David Revoy.