Here is an artwork (click on the picture above for the 3510x1740px resolution) plus a video timelapse of a digital painting of a Spooky Cute House made using Krita. I made this artwork for myself, a single day personal project to train with my new XP-Pen Pro Artist 24 pen display. The tablet was sponsored; this video is not. XP-Pen sent me Promo codes and I mention it in the beginning of the video so my audience can benefit with a discount. That's all.
So, after a week, what do I feel about the tablet? This tablet reminds me a lot the Cintiq 21UX: the smooth surface, the parallax the compact frame; but it is way better than the 21UX thanks to the QuadHD monitor, the colors, the stylus. The Digimend driver hack works fine for me. I'll still prefer my large Intuos4XL because I prefer non-display tablets for the ergonomics; but I'll keep the XP-Pro 24 next to me as my second monitor; so when I need to sketch, I don't plug the Cintiq13HD anymore but I just swing the 24Pro on a Ergotron arm I connected to it. Good setup, the "detailing step" was a pleasure to do on this device.
- Youtube: https://youtu.be/nl5AMUC2Qio
- Peertube: https://peertube.touhoppai.moe/videos/watch/4b9b7b7e-ea9e-43a6-89a7-b0e260dae6d1
XP-PEN PROMO CODE:
- Use the code: DAVID24PRO to get limited benefits of Artist 24 Pro. The code is available until May 24.
- Use the code to get 15% off in CA, USA stores.
- USA store: https://bit.ly/2RFurjo
- CA store: https://bit.ly/3utJQlz
- Use the code to get 1000 pesos coupon in PH store.
- PH: https://bit.ly/3eQxz5v
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:44 1. Thumbnails
- 02:34 2. Drawing
- 03:43 3. Pre-color
- 05:01 4. Details
- 10:06 5. Color Grading
License: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
Video and artworks by David Revoy
- Intro: Fabian Measures - Hanami (CC-By)
- Timelapse: Kevin MacLeod - Wood, Metal and Glass (CC-BY)
Edited with Kdenlive 21.04 on Kubuntu Linux 20.04