Since few days, there is a lot of activity around the 'textured' brush feature started by Boudewijn Rempt and continued lastly by Dmitry Kazakov (read the bug-tracker topic about it for more infos). The feature , actually in a development branch, is getting fantastic and excellent. The default pattern shipped with Krita also need for a little refresh and love, and that's a part I can handle.
the texture contain 25 PNG images , licensed as CC-0 , public domain :
Download ( 9,2 MB ) : 2013-01-26_Krita_texture-pack1.tar.gz
It was made from resources I drew personally or made with my camera and scanner , or for few other ones built on the top of other CC-0 ressources ; Wikimedia Commons documents and a little of MrMamurk famous Mypaint background, or Ramon Miranda CC-0 textures for GPS and Mypaint. The dynamic screentones are inspired of the one shipped with Gimp-painter 2.6 of Sygetch.
The pack contain 25 pattern , sorted this way :
- 2 canvas ( thin , and rough )
- 4 papers ( default, C , torchon )
- hand drawn pattern ( dot , hatching )
- textures ( rocks, bark, wood, crackles )
- 3 dynamic screentones
I followed this specifications :
- 512x512 max with a lot of details
- Pixels infos from black to white, normalised with most of 50% mid-grey value
- Seamless , tilable to infinity of course ( thanks Gimp Resynthesizer plugin )
- Removed duplicate : my original set contained more than 50. Similar effect or neighbours were removed.
- *.png compressed, easy to manage on file explorer , with thumbnails and cross compatible.
- prefix of filename 'deevad_' for organisation, and easy removal if needed.
various sample of stroke effects