I'm still in my experimentations with brushes and workflow. I'm filling litteraly my computer with sketches (I went out of disc space this week! Time to migrate to a larger SSD and archive things too...). Among the tests; this one had more potential than the other and I decided to take a little time to details it and share.
I'm not super happy with the volumes of the eyes and I find the design in general a bit goofy with this big sea shell on the side of her head, but all of that was part of the test to see how react this type of surfaces in contrast to skin or hair under my new brushes (and also if the edges of the base drawing resists to the shading and painting, or if it goes worst).
I also received this morning the feedback I was waiting for on the book project and a sample sent by my printer that took a bit long to be delivered at my house. Good: things are moving. Slower than I would like for sure, but it does.