It will be my first LGM ! I hope to meet a lot of you around this event and have good time :-)
The theme :The workshop will be about digital painting with Krita.
I'll adapt my workshop to my audience, but my main guideline will be "speedpainting with Krita : tips and tricks to refine your process."
And the idea I have in head is to build a symmetry portrait as the one I painted on my previous post here , step by step. I think its a good exercice for beginner or experienced artists, accessible and also very fast rewarding : Krita paint literally half of the artwork for you.
Place / Date / HourFriday 12 april 2013 at the Libre Graphic Meeting in Medialab Prado‘s brand new building in Madrid city center.
Workshop will happen between 14h30 - 16h30 ( duration 2h ) in RoomC
More infos on LGM official website .
Billing/Reservation :LGM is free and open to all! Registration is not required.
But feel free to leave a comment if you can be around.
RequirementI'll keep the demo active and interactive, participant can bring laptop and tablet with Krita ( <= 2.6 ) to paint during the presentation.
Note: It's also OK to come with Mypaint or any other software.
Curious and spectator without tablet hardware or laptop are also warmly welcome.
Workshop content overview :- Choosing a new document
- Make a first brush
- Have good Dockers around
- Calibrate your hand, eyes and tablet
- The essential shortcut for painting in confort
- Thinking in layer, using layers
- The joy of grey value, and color selectors
- Edges and happyness
- Fancy Brushes
- Various way to save project
... and if we got extra time
- Color adjustement
- Export tips with calligraconverter
My LGM 2013 :A lot of cool people will be around . Here are the talk I 'll follow in priority :
-Thu11 ( 17h30-18h10 Auditorium ) Krita Foundation with Boudewijn Rempt, "Krita Sketch" with Timothée Giet
( 18h20-18h40 Auditorium ) Display Calibration with Richard Hughes
( 19h00-19h20 Auditorium ) G'MIC with David Tschumperlé
( 19h40-20h00 Auditorium ) Save/Export talk with the Gimp team
- Fri12 ( 14h30-16h30 RoomC ) My workshop about painting with Krita :-)
- Sat13 ( 12h20-12h40 Auditorium ) Animation with Blender - Jakub Steiner
( 12h40-13h00 Auditorium ) MyPaint dev with Jon Nordby
( note : also Martin Renold, and Andrew Chadwick around LGM , so 95% of Mypaint's source code author )
( 13:30~~ Auditorium ) Closing discution
Also, here are 2 workshop I'll not attend, but really recommend :
- Wed10 ( 14h30-16h30 RoomA ) Konstantin Dmitriev , Workshop about character animation with Synfig
- Thu11 ( 14h30-16h30 RoomD ) 'Krita Sketch' workshop Timothée Giet
For the full program, have a look here