08 february 2012, Classified in : Install guide archive
Warning :the script linked in this article is not supported anymore ...
This time, Nathaniel Schultz published on his blog an epic masterpiece script to install all automatically :
How it works :
- First, install a classic Linux Mint 12 ( here DVD, 64bit )
- After the install , at the login screen use the top-right icon on the frame to login into the 'Mate' desktop environment
- Install if necessary restricted driver for your Gfx card ( pop-up invite you ) , then reboot.
- When all this is done , download and execute the script provided by Nathaniel inside a terminal ( link under )
- Just let the script work, give your password or 'y' on request from time to time , take your time ; it took around 2 hours here
- Done ! enjoy
- Gimp-painter patched Gimp 2.7 beta ppa
- Krita Git
- Blender ppa
- Mypaint ppa
- *.ora and *.xcf thumbnails
- ... other utililities , ready menus and config ...etc....
His article also explain each part of the instalation for those who want to add only a single component manually.
Many thanks for this amazing resources Nathaniel :-) Don't hesistate to test it , and give feedback to him. I tested it several time last days and It's now the system installed on my laptop , perfect to fly to the Mango open movie project :D
I un-activated the comment here, please comment, give feedback or share your opinion directly on Nathaniel's blog.
Classified in : Install guide archive